Below is a full listing of year to year technical changes made to the Ural line up.
New For 2017
- Electronic speedometer with built-in indicators.
- New wire harness with combination relay and fuse box under left side panel.
- Handlebar switch for sidecar spot-light.
- Handlebar parking brake lever, replaces rider side lever.
- Reverse / neutral foot pedal instead of lever.
- New stock 2/3 seat, replaces tractor seat.
- New sidecar seat with extra storage space under the cushion.
- Updated Tonneau covers.
- Numerous redesigned and improved internal components.
- New colors available in premium colors and finishes.
New For 2016
- New starter motor.
- Introduction of compressible fiber-aluminum gaskets to seal exhaust head pipes.
- Hydraulic brake switch.
- Modified wire harness.
- Modified throttle bodies and flanges.
- Gas tank with the fuel sensor baffle.
- Modified hydraulic dampener with increased stiffness and sealing.
- New trunk lid weather strip.
- New design of the oil deflector for the breather for 2WD models.
- Use of liquid paint on all body parts.
New For 2015
- Updated standard roller bearing used in the crankshaft.
- Updated welding for hydraulic damper mount.
- 3M Self adhesive kick start bumper.
- New rear brake hose and cable mounting bracket.
- Relocated master cylinder with universal link rods.
- Redesigned rear brake pedal that is higher and more comfortable.
- New H4 headlight with housing.
- New tonneau covers, standard Sunbrella and vinyl for cT model.
- Plastic wheel hub covers for front and sidecar wheels.
- Introduction of Universal spare wheel.
New For 2014
- Introduction of new EFI engine.
- Introduction of new cT model.
- New airbox with branch pipes.
- New hydraulic steering dampener.
- New aluminum triple clamps.
- Disk brakes on front, rear, and sidecar wheels.
- Redesigned wheel hubs.
- New final drive housing.
- Pre-formed fuel lines, breather, and brake reservoir hoses.
- New front brake reaction link.
- New Ural gas tank badges.
- New tank knee-grips with logo.
- Redesigned ignition key.
- New dashboard with updated indicator lamps.
- Front engine cover now featuring Ural logo.
New For 2013
- Improved clutch plates.
- New mirror design.
- New diamond sidecar step plate.
- New sidecar floor mats.
- New military hardware fasteners on all tonneau covers.
- Improved tire pump.
- 3M seam sealers for improved protection.
New For 2012
- New piston rings with tighter tolerances.
- New camshaft with improved materials and bearing surfaces.
- Improved 2 piece design for sidecar drive shaft yokes.
- New 2WD gear hubs for final drive and sidecar swing arm drive.
- New 1 piece intake branch pipes that eliminates center coupler and clamps.
New For 2011
- New paint options including more powder coated colors.
- New Aluminum rims on all models.
- Trunk locks standard all models.
- New Cordura (canvas) tonneau covers and aprons.
- New aluminum upper fork bolts.
- Improved high strength final drive ring gear bolts.
New For 2010
- Aluminum alloy rims for Patrol and Tourist models.
- Rocker arms with needle bearings.
- Bearing instead of bronze bushing on the camshaft.
- Polished ports of the cylinder head.
- Stainless steel on all tubular parts (bumpers, clips, handles etc.)
- 40mm Marzocchi forks for Retro model.
New For 2009
- Stainless steel exhaust pipes and mufflers
- Newly designed removable plate under the driver seat
- Standard (7/8') handle bar size and removable risers.
- Bottom out travel limiter on sidecar swing arm.
- New NAK seals and SKF bearings.
- High quality 8.8 hardware used throughout.
If you have questions about a Ural older than 2009 please contact us.