The details of the Ural Warranty which comes with every 2013 production sidecar motorcycle is as follows. If you have any questions regarding Ural Warranty details, please use the Quick Contact form.
Irbit MotorWorks of America, Inc., (IMWA, Inc.) warrants to the first retail purchaser of the URAL® motorcycle from an Authorized IMWA Dealer and each subsequent owner that the motorcycle is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated below.
To Qualify For This Warranty
- The URAL® motorcycle must be purchased from a Dealer within the United States who is authorized by IMWA, Inc. to sell motorcycles. (See www.imz-ural.com for the authorized IMWA Dealer list)
- Prior to delivery to the purchaser, the Dealer who is authorized by IMWA, Inc. to sell motorcycles must perform set-up and pre-delivery service.
Warranty Time Period
- Duration: two (2) years parts and labor.
- There is no mileage limitation.
- Coverage begins the date the motorcycle is sold to the first retail purchaser and the warranty registration card is received by IMWA, Inc.
- IMWA, Inc. will repair or replace, at its options, any part (including parts of the emission control systems) that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use for the applicable time period.
- In cases when warranty repair takes longer than 14 days, the warranty time period (see Warranty Time Period) is extended for the time period of repair, during which the motorcycle could not been ridden due to failures.
- IMWA, Inc. provides warranty for spare parts for the following period of time starting from the time of purchase of the parts by a Dealer or retail customer.
- Engine – 12 months
- Gearbox – 12 months
- Final drive – 12 months
- Alternator – 6 months
- Electric starter – 6 months
- Ignition – 6 months
- The rest of the motorcycle parts and parts assemblies – 30 days
The above applies ONLY in cases when Dealer or retail customer identifies defects before using parts and/or assemblies or these defects are identified during performance AND provided these parts have been properly installed by IMWA, Inc. or authorized IMWA Dealer.
IMWA, Inc. will reimburse non-IMWA repair shops performing warranty repair for labor only if all the warranty processing and approval procedures are completely fulfilled and/or carried out according to IMWA, Inc. guidelines stated in the Warranty Claim Filing Procedures (see Warranty Claim Filing Procedures).
Limitations & Exclusions
Disclaimer of Consequential Damage & Limitation of Implied Warranties
Irbit MotorWorks of America, Inc. disclaims any responsibility for:
- Loss of time due to warrantable issue
- Loss of use of motorcycle
- Transportation expenses
- Any other incidental or consequential damage (i.e. storage)
Duration of Implied Warranties
Any implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of this written warranty.
State Laws May Vary
The previous listed limitations or exclusions may not apply to a motorcycle because of state laws. Some states may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts. Some states may not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages.
These Warranties Do Not Cover:
- Failures or required services that are not due to a defect in material or factory workmanship
- Parts or accessories affected or damaged by:
- Lack of required maintenance
- Owner abuse
- Accident and/or collision
- Normal wear
- Improper installation
- Unsuitable use in an application for which the part was not designed
- The incorporation or use of unsuitable attachments or parts
- The unauthorized alteration of any part or system
- Deterioration from the elements
- Failure to follow running-in (break-in) procedure
- Replacement of expendable maintenance items beyond the first scheduled maintenance, including, but not limited to:
- spark plugs
- compliance fittings
- tires (see Owners Manual)
- fuel line
- Paint and/or decal fading, peeling, blistering, chipping or rusting.
- Use for the following activities; such use will VOID coverage:
- Rental or other commercial use
- Alteration of engine or drive train
- Any operation or use outside of that described in Owner’s Manual
- Alteration of the odometer so that the actual mileage cannot be determined; alteration will VOID coverage.
- Use of bike for towing purpose will VOID warranty
Please refer to the Owner’s Manual section for a listing of warranty exclusions for other items and circumstances that are not covered.
Every Ural Owner Is Responsible to:
- Operate and maintain the motorcycle according to the IMWA, Inc. Owner’s Manual and service schedule.
- Retain all service records for future reference.